Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Turtles Shells and fuzzy beards


i'm always completely enraptured/enamoured/enthralled/entranced (pick whichever you'd like) by the self-absorbed ones. i'm not entirely sure if that is due to the fact that i enjoy the uncertainty of it all--what is he thinking? is he that into me?-- or if it has something to do with me being a masochist. or some combination of the two.

do you follow?

don't get me wrong, when i say "self-absorbed", i don't necessarily mean it in the narcissistic, superficial way. i mean it in the "my career is my life and i love that, so i am not and will not always be available to you... actually, i will rarely be available to you, so gear yourself up for certain disappointment and for operation on my terms" kind of way.

so why bother, right?

well... why not?

if you've been reading me for at least 10 seconds, then you must know that i'm a girl who loves every moment of my freedom. limitations, guidelines, and deadlines aren't exactly my thing. so i guess that as much as it tortures me to not know where i stand in the blue planet, or to stare at my phone 7x a day willing it to ring... i guess i have to take the good with the bad?

i never liked the sad look from someone who wants to be loved by you. so i'll just have to deal with the incredibly frustrating yet incredibly intoxicating, chronically unavailable guy.

besides, i love the way his beard tickles my face when he kisses me.

and yes, that is pertinent information.

No comments:

Post a Comment