Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You Do What U Have To Do, So U Can Do What U Want To Do







St Paul Of Tarsus first letter to the Corinthians
"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things."

The quote is wrought with wisdom, and its something that I would encourage all my friends, or anyone, to consider. It does not say that we put behind out childhoods. It does not say that we can no longer take pleasure in things that we enjoyed as children. It does not implore us to be joyless adults. It says that we put away "childish things" - not childhood.
Growing up - maturity - is not just a function of age. It is not something which is imposed upon you, or something which has a beginning or an end. It is a process, and it is one which you must choose to foster and accept. I know I'm not finished. I learn more every single day. But as time has gone by I have put aside childish things. I would like to think - I sincerely hope - that I no longer think as a child, or feel as a child.
Growing up means, to me personally, as a human being i'm responsible for building me own knowledge base. If i ask questions and and seek out the anwers myself i will probably learn and understand on a deeper level. Its on me to reach a level of knowledge awareness and wisdom so that i can provide myself with the tools that i need to answer the questions that need answering. Like comunication and problam solving. Seperatlely each is an important skill, but combined together these skills allow you to affect your inviroment in a way that you are prepared to do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do spiritually, emotionally and socially.

No comments:

Post a Comment